The STEM Institute of Manhattan highlights science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). We are a District 3 Magnet School serving students in grades K-5.
- Our students have many opportunities to explore, create, design, build, discover, innovate, collaborate and solve problems while applying what they learn in our interdisciplinary curriculum.
- We utilize a hands-on, project-based approach to instruction in an intimate, collaborative environment.
- Technology is integrated across the curriculum, both as a tool for teaching as well as learning.
- Our partners include: New York Institute of Technology, New York Cares, Pencil Partnership, New York Historical Society, New York Hall of Science, Liberty Science Center, The Lamp, Community Works, Studio in the School, Dance For Life, and Broadway Junior
- We are especially proud to offer a full engineering curriculum to students in all grades from Kindergarten through grade five. Students engage in design challenges that challenge them to integrate and apply science, technology, engineering and math principles. They explore and practice basic problem solving approaches while expanding their critical thinking skills.
- Special events include Family STEM Nights, STEMulating Your Mind Academic Celebrations, Cultural Celebrations, Parent Book Club, STEM Career Day, and more!